While Susan was off gettin' her bunko on, I spent an hour in the garage trying to figure out where and how to mount the bars, which would then dictate the headlamp position. I have a few different bars, and chose an old crusty pair from a '64 Yamaha YG1 (I think.) I made an aluminum plate that bolts to the fork housing, which then has a pair of bars clamps bolted to it.
Front view, showing bar mounting plate attached to fork housing:
Nothing has been cleaned up, but the overall look is coming together:
The headlight housing was a spare from a '69 Kawasaki G3-TR. It currently is getting the patina process: