|Not quite made for this engine.. I have since sealed the part with gasgacinch|
30 September, 2012
29 September, 2012
Octoberfest: Good solid meh. Ok enough, just not a great version
Pumpkin Ale: Decent. Pretty light on the pumpkin flavor, which is ok.
Hazel Brown: Probably the best of the bunch. Nice nutty brown.
Dunkelweizen: This is actually very good. Not my favorite style, but really good flavor.
I'll likely try the others tonight.
I still need to fiddle with the front forks, and of course get it running. I had it running a couple evenings ago, but discovered an oil leak. So I spent a couple hours taking the top end off and cutting a new base gasket out of thicker, much better gasket material. The gaskets I got in a gasket kit were just too damn thin. I don't know if that will cure the leak, as I'm letting the gasgacinch set up before putting oil back in it. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.
|Outlining with black|
|The front is riding low, as I don't have any fluid in the forks yet|
|The exhaust sounds great, nice low rumble|
|64 tooth rear aluminum sprocket mounted up.|
|Hard to see, but I mounted up a simple chain tensioner under the chain|
23 September, 2012
|Engine installed, wiring installed, and it sparks!|
|Modified Kawasaki foot pegs, with lengthened kickstand|
|Exhaust wrapped, and heat shield installed. Starting to look like a bike.|
|In desperate need of more paint on the tank|
|Tank needs a couple more days to cure, before I can do the lettering|
19 September, 2012
|Six carbs on this chopped rod|
|love the look of these vintage dirt tracker tires|
|Engine tag from the Jordan motor car, note Continental|
|'36 Ford Coupe|
|another shot of the '36, my favorite car at the show|
|really nice Honda CB750 based chopper/bobber|
|interesting manifolds for using dual carbs, instead of four|
17 September, 2012
I'm always amazed how many tools and parts get strewn across the floor during a relatively easy 45 minutes of working on a motorcycle. Oh well, time to clean the garage anyways! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a few more parts on, so I can roll the bike outside and snap a better photo.
15 September, 2012
My phone camera washed out the photo, but as you can see below the frame was sprayed a glorious shade of orange. I've also managed to prep and spray most of the small brackets and other little items, like the kick stand, footpegs, rear hub stay etc. Most of the hard work is ahead of me, as I need to do some finish work on the fenders and tank. Which means sanding. My least favorite job.
14 September, 2012
A quick shot of my Belgian Dubbel burbling away. As expected, the Wyeast 1214 yeast took a couple days to get going, but when it did, look out. It has had a pretty much continuous burbling of the airlock since this morning.
Pretty basic recipe, with pilsener as a base, with additional aromatic, bisquit, special b, and caramunich grains. Also some raisins in primary. It came in a bit darker than a normal dubbel, at roughly 21SRM on the recipe calcs.
13 September, 2012
08 September, 2012
06 September, 2012
I wandered out to the garage this evening, pomegranate mead in hand, and decided to start fabbing up the exhaust on El Guapo. I literally had zero stock exhaust parts for any of these S90/CL90 bikes this is based on, so I have to fab everything up from the header flange on back.
I'm doing a high pipe, like any good scrambler should have. So far I've used a piece of precurved pipe from an old mop bucket handle that broke at work, to a scrap header pipe from a CB160 that was damaged, to a large washer that was drilled and cut down to act as the flange.
It is a little hard to see in my fuzzy cell phone pic, but the header and uppipe are in place. Those are the most difficult items, since they have the tightest radius bends. I need to grab some 1" thin-walled conduit for the rear portion of the exhaust, which will make a bend in and around the rear shock, to keep things nice and tight to the body. I'll likely use a muffler that came on a cheap ebay XR50 exhaust I bought to use for parts on the Trials bike.
As you can see from the mess, it takes a lots of parts and tools for this portion of the fab work.