31 May, 2013
I'm going to split the batch into a wine, and a mead.
23 May, 2013
18 May, 2013
15 May, 2013
Susan even went over to the local thrift store and grabbed a pair of crutches for me, so I can at least get around the house. The best $1.34 she ever spent.
14 May, 2013
As the subject says, I got the taillights mounted, as well as the engine. I was waiting on a shipment from Thailand to arrive containing the lights, a new gas cap, and a new 6v coil. So not only is the engine mounted, but it is wired and makes the sparks.
13 May, 2013
Tonight it was time to rebuild the carb for Goldie. I'm using a standard C100 carb, which is a 13mm Keihin. I have a small box of old crusty carbs, so I grabbed one and started. First step was to take it apart and then clean all the gubbins in the carb dip.
This is a downdraft carb, with the throttle barrel sitting 90-degrees to the air flow:
It also has a built in petcock on top of the float bowl side:
Choke plate lever in on the right, operating a simple flate plate inside the intake throat:
The two main parts of the carb pulled apart. Air flow on the left, float bowl on the right:
The float side pulled apart, witht he little brass float:
Petcock pulled apart:
All the different little adjustment screws and the throttle valve with needle:
All finished. Thanks to the rebuild kit I got in from Thailand, I was able to replace all the gaskets and o-rings, along with a new main jet and new idle and a/f screws:
11 May, 2013
09 May, 2013
More assembly work on Goldie. I'm not quite sure what the side covers are going to look like when I'm done. I have plans of doing some numbers in gold, with sparkle body paint around them, with some black or white pinstripe around the edge. So I laid down a base of gold to work with.
08 May, 2013
05 May, 2013
The fruit mead category was tough, as I scored a 38 yet only netted a bronze, thanks to 13 total entrants in the class.
04 May, 2013
I fabbed up a seat for Goldie. I had an old piece of 1/8" thick aluminum, so I cut that out as the base. Then I added two pieces of 1/8" thick 1"x1" aluminum angle that act as both the hinge point, and add some structure. A pair of rubber bottle stoppers hold the seat against the fuel tank.
Bottom side of seat pan:
I had some leftover fabric from El Guapo, and thought the brown would work great with the gold/green color scheme. Three layers of foam and a couple layers of batting provide the cushion, while a few "furniture movers" push through to give the tuck and roll look.
I also made up some side covers in card stock, to get the right shape and size.