18 December, 2009

Beer Advent Calendar: Day 17

Hofbrau Original
500ml
alc. not given



This fine beer brought me back to my days in Macau, where the only offerings were random European beers on tap. I call these "green bottle beers" and they all taste the same to me. Like skunky Bud Light. Not skunky horrible, just sorta skunky. I managed to finish off the bottle whilst snacking on some spicy chips.

I could see how this beer would be great on a cold Sunday, watching football, after the apocalypse and no other beers are available. Actually, it isn't that bad. I guess I just don't appreciate a good (?) green bottle beer.

C'

1 comment:

sean said...

It's probably skunky because it's in a green bottle. Those bottles don't keep out UV light, which causes the beer to turn skunky. that's why beer should be in brown bottles...