23 December, 2010

Bridgestone Front Fender

I had been wanting to make up a small front fender for the Bridgetone, to keep road grime off the motor. The original chrome fender was in terrible condition, and frankly wasn't very cafe' racer looking. I wanted something simple and tidy.

While searching through OSH Hardware my eye caught a large 2" conduit sweep. It looked to have about the correct radius. After hacking it up, sanding the edges smooth, and contouring the front and rear lips, I test fit it. It was a pretty damn good fit! So I sanded it, primed it, and painted it.

It mounts to the small fork brace I built last week, using a rear brake rod nut for now. I seem to have used up my collection of M8 nuts.

I think it looks pretty good.


No comments: