03 July, 2010

Shmaltz Brewing Coney Island Lager

22oz.

no abv given

I think this could be my favorite Lager of all time. Probably because Lagers are generally light and pretty bland. And partially because I was overwhelmed (in a good way) by how awesomely malty and delicious this Coney Island offering is.

As can be seen in the photos above, it pours quite a bit darker than a typical lager, with a nice carbonated body that coats the glass. Aroma is fantastic, with very full malt scents that remind me of that great smell you get at a brew house.

Let me just say, that I wouldn't consider this "well balanced," but that was fine by me. The bottle touts 8 malts and 6 different hops, but I don't get much of the hops. It is all sweet and full bodied malts. Even the aftertaste is exceptionally smooth and malty.

A great offering yet again from Shmaltz!

C'

No comments: