The first race of the season will be next Friday, on the 30th. Since RalphVee has been in hibernation since November, I gave him a gentle nudge Saturday morning and slowly awakened the beast.
I changed the fluids, charged the battery, and primed up the oil pressure. A couple jabs of the throttle, pull of the choke, and he fired right up. I ran him long enough to get temps up, then turned my attention to a few other little details.
RalphVee ready to rock:
Since the last race, I shortened the steering arm extender, so I needed to set the front toe. Which didn't take long. I also did some spring cleaning, including a full wash of the car. Then I got crazy, and did a thorough cleaning of my driving suit and helmet. I've never actually washed my race suit, so it had some funk on it. After giving it a quick spritz in carpet cleaning spray foam (I tested it on a hidden spot first) i let it soak in cool water, then gave it a trip through the washing machine. I then let it air dry in the backyard. It turned out great.
I'll pull together all my tools and spare parts this weekend, so we're ready to go come Thursday night.