I took advantage of the good weather we've been having lately, and got a bunch of the Miyata parts painted. That means I might be able to do some assembly this weekend! Which is always the fun part.
But before that, I managed to get the bastard wheels fully assembled. Bastard, because as mentioned before, the Miyata used a bicycle size wheel and tire. I wouldn't be able to reuse the original wheel rims because the chrome was knackered. I had a spare set of good 17" rims, and ordered a set of shorter 184mm wheel spokes from the land of Bangkok. It all managed to come together quite nicely, after an evening of lacing.